These delicacies stay in the oven over night however you will not easily forget them when you taste them.
- 2 large egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, or both
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30–40 chocolate buds or kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line two or three baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and/or cocoa nibs, and nuts.
- Add the salt and vanilla.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Cap each cookie with a chocolate bud or kiss.
- Place the pans in the oven; after about 1 minute turn off the heat.
- Leave in the oven for several hours or overnight; (“Forget about them.”)
- Carefully peel the cookies off the paper or foil using a spatula.
About 35 cookies