Chocolate Matzah Brickle
Extremely easy to make and even easier to eat.
- 2 pounds dark chocolate, chips or broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2–1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1 box matzah sheets, broken into quarters
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried fruits, chopped
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Once melted, thin the chocolate with the vegetable oil; stir in the vanilla or almond extract.
- Coat the matzah, nuts, and dried fruits with the chocolate and spread onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the sheet in the refrigerator for at least 1⁄2 hour to cool.
- Once cool and hardened, remove from the pan and break into bite-size bits.
- Store in a closed container.